Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Nine Emperor Gods(Jiu Wang Ye 九王爷)

Today is the 1st day of the Chinese lunar calender of the month of ninth,(九月初一). It is also the celebration of the festival of "Jiu Huang, 九皇", by the Daoists in Malaysia and Singapore. "Nine Emperor Gods" also known as 'Jiu Wang Ye 九王爷'. Its trademark tradition is the "shaking" of the "chairs of the gods" while en route to the sea.

Since it is the 1st day of the month (Chinese lunar calendar), I took vegetarian breakfast. I am a vegetarian on every 1st and 15th day of the month for half day. Anyway, my mother and I went to the Kwan Yin Temple for praying after our breakfast. There were many people in the temple. Some even took their small babies for the blessings. Some were doing divination. After the praying, we headed home.

The festival of "Jiu Huang" is started too. So, it will be raining everyday throughout the month. Let me give you an advice, please do bring your umbrella or raincoat whenever you travel outside in order to keep you away from wet. It is a traditional as it is always raining in this Chinese lunar calender month. :)

So, it is also the weekend, wish you all enjoy the weekend. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment