Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hooray! I've Found My Long Lost Manga!

Hooray! I've found my long lost manga (comic), Ouke no Monshou a.k.a. Crest of the Royal Family or Daughter of the Nile. In Chinese it is called 尼罗河女儿 (Ni Luo Her Nu Er). I read this manga in my high school days, but I only managed to read part of the story. I had been stopped to read for this manga was I could not get the comic books from the store. I used to rent such comic books from the comic bookshop.

Anyway, finally I found this manga again. I found it online by accidentally while I was surfing information from some websites lately. I really am very happy for it as I could read this manga again. Well, maybe you would think that reading comic is very childish, but for me, as long as the reading materials do not contain any harmful contents, it can be read. I remember when I used to read the manga in my high school days, I was hiding in my room to read it. I would not let my parents know that I was reading mangas as they think those reading materials are harmful to the students.

Now I can read this comic online, and there are in dual versions, i.e. Chinese and English. Well, I prefer to read the Chinese version because I can have my 'feel' again for such manga as I was reading back in those days.

Let me brief the story manga, otherwise you will think that I am too childish for it. :P The main character is Carol, a blonde-haired, blue-eyed American teenager from a wealthy family with an interest in Egyptology studying in Cairo. When her mentor discovers the tomb of a young pharaoh, a curse is put on the excavation team and Carol. The curse sends her back in time to ancient Egypt, where she becomes embroiled in the affairs of Egypt and other ancient countries such as Assyria and Babylonia. Carol meets Memphis, a handsome young pharaoh whose tomb she excavated in modern times. Despite his headstrong, at first violent nature, they fall deeply in love. This angers Memphis's half-sister, the Priestess Isis, who has longed to marry him. Carol, due to her exotic looks and curious ability to tell the future, becomes a major player in ancient history.

The author of this manga is Hosokawa Chieko, and it is started in year 1976. Thus, this is an quite old manga and it has been very popular in my schooldays. I wish that I manage to read the whole story of this manga online this time. If you are interested to read this manga after my short intro, you may refer to these links. For Chinese version, please refer : http://www.imanhua.com/comic/169/ , and for English version, please refer : http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ouke_no_monshou/ .




 

No comments:

Post a Comment