Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Monday, January 31, 2011

My 5th day in the Hospital

I got up from bed at 7.30am this morning. I managed to have some sleep for last night, but I still got coughing on and off. I felt like there was phlegm in my throat but I couldn’t spit it out. This was due to I was too weak to cough it out. L

The nurse came to check my blood pressure and body temperature. Luckily my fever had subsided as I got it last night. By 8am the breakfast was served, i.e. Fried curry noodle with a cup of Milo. I took a little of the noodle due to hungry as it was very spicy and luckily it was not so much Malay taste. After the breakfast, the nurse gave me medicines.

By 10.30am, the doctors came to examine me. I did not require to carry out the bronchoscopy procedure for my stomach anymore due to I have no more black stool and my blood test results were all good. So, the doctors needed me to stay for few days more for further examination/investigation due to I was having fever every nights. They were saying it might be the infection. So the doctor told me that I probably could go home only by 2/2/11, that’s the Chinese New Year Eve! LLL I was so sad when I heard it! L The doctors left my room after they done with the examined.

By 11.45am, the lunch was served. It was curry chicken with white rice and with some vegetables. The fruit is melon. In the afternoon, there were 2 trainee students came to take my blood for the blood test again. After that, they listened to my heart-beating and asking me about my condition. They seemed like so interested in my case. However, I was sorry to say that I would not want to be the guinea pig for you all! I said this in my heart! :P

After my lunch, I was taking some rest. In between I was surfing online to read news for a short while. By 5.15pm, the doctors came to see me again. They told me that they would change my antibiotic to another type of antibiotic with immediate effect. But I could not recall the name of the new antibiotic now. Anyway, I have to take it 3 times per day. The reason for changing the antibiotic was I kept on having fever (quite high temperature) at night’s time. Hopefully with the new antibiotic, I would not have fever anymore. After the doctor informed to me, they left, and then the nurse gave me the new antibiotic. So my next round would be at around 10.30pm.

By 6pm, the dinner was served. The food was grilled chicken with black pepper sauce, with pasta, and the fruit was watermelon. I just took some of the chicken as my mother had brought me some food to eat.

Well, after dinner, I started to rest and start to blog about this. Hopefully with the new antibiotic, I won’t get fever again by tonight and feel better and do not cough so much again and then can be discharged at soonest possible. Please pray for me, people!

2 comments:

  1. May I know what cough are you having now? Is it pneumonia? Since you have high fever from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is not pneumonia,maybe it is bronchitis.

    ReplyDelete