Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Monday, January 24, 2011

How Happy Are You?!

I have read a book pertaining the Happiness during the weekend. It is called "How to Develop Happiness in Daily Living". In the book, there is a small test to measure the Happiness. I found it is interesting and would like to share with you now.

The Satisfaction with Life Scale was devised in 1980 by University of Illinois psychologist Edward Diener, a founding father of happiness research. Since then the scale has been used by researchers around the world.

Read the following 5 statements. Then use a 1 - 7 scale to rate your level of agreement.

1 - 2 --> Not at all true
3 - 5 -- > Moderately true
6 - 7 --> Absolutely true
  • In most ways my life is close to my ideal
  • The conditions of my life are excellent
  • I am satisfied with my life
  • So far I have gotten the important things I want in life
  • If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing.
Total score : ..........

Scoring :
  •  31 to 35 - you are extremely satisfied with your life
  •  26 to 30 - very satisfied
  •  21 to 25 - slightly satisfied
  •  20          - neutral point
  • 15 to 19 - slightly dissatisfied
  • 10 to 14 - dissatisfied
  • 5   to 9   - extremely dissatisfied
Well, I tried for the test, and I scored 20, for neutral point. Guess that I have to do something to develop more happiness in my life! :) So, how you, what is your score?!

Anyway, no matter what your score is, I think we should live happily!!! Cheers!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment