Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

UPSR and PMR

Few weeks ago, the government had announced that they intend to abolish the examinations of UPSR (for primary school, standard 6) and PMR (for secondary school, form 3). When the announcement had out, there were some 'disputes' from the country. Some were agreed and some were disagreed with their own reasons respectively.

For me, I do agree that the exam of PMR should be abolished and not the UPSR exam. The reason is UPSR could be set as the motivation for the primary school students to study hard, and it could also let the students to have the experience for the big exams. So that the students could feel the pressure from their young age.

If the UPSR has been abolished, the primary school students would not know and feel the pressure of the studies for the important exams until they are in Form 5 to sit for the SPM. I think most of the students would not able to face the pressure as they have not experienced it before. However, if they had taken the UPSR in the young age, at least the students would know how to deal with the pressure and know what were needed to be done for the exams. Moreover, they would have the thought of it would be another challenge for them.

I know some of the people out there would have the same thought as I am, but no matter how, the decision is on the government. Thus, we just have to wait and see what the decision will be in the coming days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment