Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Other Sightseeings in Italy

Besides those cities that I travelled in Italy that I mentioned in my previous articles, there were some more places that I have travelled, i.e. Pompeii, Sorrento, Naples and Siena. Pompeii is the town frozen in time when it was engulfed by the eruption of Vesuvius in AD79. It reveals the daily life of the ancient Roma Civilisation. We could still see the bricks in the colored. We then went along the magnificent coastline of clifftop Sorrento. Sorrento consists of many lemons, thus I had taken a lemon ice-cream there and it was tasted good.

After that we drove along the seaside avenue via Francesco Caracciolo to see the beautiful scenery of Gulf of Naples district contains an exceptional of art and historical works. We visited the Castle Nuovo its name Maschio Angioino in honour of Charles of Anjou which was built in the 13th century.

Siena is the Renaissance rival of Florence. Walked through the narrow cobbled streets to the vast Campo Square where the biannual Palio horse race takes place to the accompaniment of great festivities.

So, these were the places that I visited in Italy. Besides Italy, I also travelled to the Monte Carlo, northern part of France and Switzerland. I will tell you more next time. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment