Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival, 中秋节快乐!

Today is the Mid-Autumn Festival, aka. Moon Festival, or in Chinese is Zhongqiujie (中秋节). It is also sometimes referred as Lantern Festival or Mooncake Festival. The festive season is held on the 15th day of the 8th month in the Chinese calender. This festive season is one of the most important festive seasons for Chinese.

The traditional food for this festive season is the mooncakes. Nowadays, there are many varieties of mooncakes. For example, green tea mooncakes, Tiramisu mooncakes, Chocolate mooncakes, durian mooncakes, ice-cream mooncakes, etc.. Personally, I prefer the old traditional mooncake. which is the plain pure lotus paste or sometimes with a single egg yolk. I think it is the best type of the mooncake.

To celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival, the whole family is to have a reunion dinner and the children are playing lanterns after that. The reason is on the Mid-Autumn Festival, the moon is in full and round and it symbolises the reunion.

For me, I will go to the temple for praying with my family after the dinner. I will not play with lantern due to there are no small children around me this year. So I might just watching TV until my bed time.

Anyway, I am wishing all the people out there to have a Happy Moon Festival & 中秋节快乐!

No comments:

Post a Comment