Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Recipe for Cardiac Arrest

I have read an article about heart attack and its prevention lately. I feel like want to share it out with you. I recall I have read some reports before many people have died from heart attack, those inclusive old people, young people, or even teenagers. So heart disease attack victims are regardless to the age of the person. 

Constant stress is one of the main causes for cardiac arrest. So reducing stress at the workplace can be an important means of preventing serious heart disease. Stress ramps up the autonomic nervous system, which "regulates how often the heart beats and how how many times a minute it contracts, among other things". These stress reactions, if persistent or regular can cause damage to the body.

The regular release of stress hormones into the bloodstream can also be lead to high blood pressure and irritable bowel syndrome. A person under constant stress gets infections more often and tend to heal from wounds more slowly. The studies have shown that objective stress factor inclusive time pressure,  constant noise, lots of overtime and heavy workload considerably increase the heart disease risk. On the other hand, those who who put less stress on themselves are taking care of their cardiovascular system.

So, the recipe for heart attack are as follow :-
  • Exercise - helps to flush stress hormones like adrenaline out of the body, eg. 3 hours of aerobic exercise a week, cycling, jogging or Nordic walking
  • Purposeful relaxation training - to lower the pulse and blood pressure, eg. yoga, tai chi or listening to relaxing music
  • Food - eats the food with lesser oil
Well, hope the above will help you to have some info about stress and heart attack. As I always say, Stay Healthy to have better life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment