Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

My 100th Post on the Singles Day 11.11


This is my 100th post since I started my blog in June. I am glad that I have managed to do 100 posts. The reason is that when I started for my blog, I did not know that if I had anything to write and I was just giving a try for it. But when I found out that there are people following my blogs, I am feeling happy for it as I know that my blog is being recognised. :) However, I would not stop there as I would like to write for more for my blogs and to make it more interesting and useful. Thus, I wish that I would have another 100th posts soon! :) Of course, I need support from you all too!

Since I am having my 100th post on 11.11 as the Singles Day. I would like to share with you about the Singles Day information.

Singles Day or One's Day or Guang Gun Jie (Chinese: 光棍节 Pin Yin: guāng gùn jié; Wades: kuang kun chieh; literally: bare sticks holiday) is a Chinese pop culture holiday on November 11 for people who are still living the single life.


The origin of Singles Day is still a mystical topic for most of us, there were many banteringly version of the origin. For instance, it may come from a story more than 800 years. Jesus is born in 1•1•1,and undoubtful he must be the first man to be single. In honor to his excellent work in tolerate lonely, people make a circumspect decision that 1111•11•11 with the most stick to stands for lonely man walk together into Singles Day. But the truly origin of Singles Day may not like this, it just like an entertainment day let Singles to abreact their internal loneliness. guang gun jie is also celebrated in the Unite States since there are so many many WEISUONAN here who cant find a practical girl-friend.


The main way to celebrate Singles Day is to have dinner with your single friends, but it's important that each person pay their own way to show their independence. People also hold 'blind date' parties in an attempt to bid goodbye to their single lives.

11•11 is common accepted as the date of Singles Day, and there are various dates on Singles Day with a smaller scale.11•1 and 1•11 are called Singles Day(middle),while the first day of a year was the least mentioned Singles Day’s date.


For breakfast on Singles' Day, singles often eat four Youtiao (deep-fried dough sticks) representing the four "ones" in "11.11" and one Baozi (steamed stuffed bun) representing the middle dot.


Some singles also choose to say goodbye to their single lives on this day: many attend 'blind date' parties and many people choose to marry on this day. In addition to meaning 'single,' the four 'ones' of the date can also mean 'only one' as in 'the only one for me.' Some people will use this date and this meaning to tell their special someone that they are the only 'one' in their heart.

So, the above is the info of the Singles Day. For me, being a single is not a sad thing. There are some benefits of staying single too, eg. more freedom, can enjoy what you like, can have your own space. So, for those are singles out there, enjoy the life!!! :P

3 comments: