Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Chap Goh Meh!!! 元宵节快乐!!!

Today is the Chap Goh Meh Festival, or it is also known as YuanXiao Festival. This is a festival celebrated on the fifteenth day of the first month in the lunisolar year in the Chinese calendar, the last day of the lunisolar Chinese New Year celebration. Today is also the Chinese Valentine’s Day. This is also a day celebrating love and affection between lovers in Chinese tradition and culture. In the old days, young people were chaperoned in the streets in hopes of finding love. Matchmakers acted busily in hopes of pairing couples.

However, this is not happen anymore. Nowadays, the young people are participating in the organised activities, the ladies are throwing the mandarin oranges by written with their contact into the river and the men are picking up them from the river to find their love ones. This is the new type of matchmakers acted. I always wondering how many pairs are really worked out from such activity! Haha!

Well, this morning, when the Malay doctor came to see me, I told her that today is the Festival of Chap Goh Meh a.k.a. the Chinese Valentine’s Day. Then I briefed her about matchmakers acted in the old days and the mandarin oranges throwing. She was surprised after listening to my briefing and I told her she could give it a try and she was just smiling for it. Haha!

Anyway, I am wishing all my family and friends to have a Happy Chap Goh Meh!!!

元宵节快乐!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment