Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Travel Tales - My Italy Trip

In November 2008, I went to Italy for holidays. Italy is the first European country that I travel to. Before I went to Italy, I only know she is famous for football and fashion.

I was flied from Kuala Lumpur to Rome. Rome is the first city to start for my Italy holidays. Besides Rome, I also went to Pisa, Florence, Venice and Milan. Rome is the Eternal City with mixture of the ancient, the Colosseum, Renaissance building and Baroque churches combine with ultra modern architecture and interiors.

When I saw the Colosseum in front of me, I was excited for it. This is due to I only saw it in the picture or TV before and now it was showing in front of me. I could not believe that. It is a huge ancient building.

Besides the Colosseum, I also went to the famous fountain, called the Trevi Fountain. It was after sunset when I reached there and all the lights of the Trevi Fountain had turned on. Wow, it was an amazing view for me and I had the feeling that it is a romantic view. However, there was very crowded as many tourists were there to take photo and of course to make wishes. So, I also joined along to make 3 wishes in front of the Trevi Fountain. :) I also took some photo too!

After the Colosseum and Trevi Fountain, I also went to the Vatican City. It is a small country that located in the Rome. I went to the magnificent St. Peter's Basilica of the Vatican City. Well, the structure of the building is magnificent. All the paintings on the roof are amazing. The paintings were done by famous Leonardo.

Rome is the city with many cars and motorcycles, therefore the traffic in the Rome is very congested. I also realised one thing that the Rome drivers are very impolite and they drive 'recklessly'. I found out that most of the cars have scratches or being bumped. Moreover, most of the people in Rome are smoking, wherever I go, I saw people smoking and there were many cigarette end scattered on the ground.

The food that I took in Rome, of course are the spaghetti and pizza. To tell you the truth, I do not eat spaghetti or pizza in KL, but when I was in Italy, I like to eat those food. The reason is the food was so delicious in Italy and tasted good, especially the spaghetti. The pizza in Italy is much more thinner and more crispy than here. The servings is very large too that I could not finish it. :P

So, this is my holidays in Rome. My next place would be Pisa. I will tell you more next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment