Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Birthday Celebration in Pisa


After I left Rome, I was headed to Pisa. Pisa has the air of capital city with an interesting past. She has splendid buildings recall the past grandeur of the Pisan Republic. I have visited the most famous monument of the world, the Leaning Tower of the Pisa and the Cathedral in the Square of Miracles, which was always tilted, but being set on the field of Miracles may avoid falling over.

When I reached there, I was very excited to see those amazing buildings. I also tasted the Gelato, the Italian ice-cream there. I have taken many shots in this place. Another excited matter for me was I have celebrated my birthday at a cafe in the Pisa. I was cutting my birthday cake there and receiving birthdays wishes from my tour mates. I even got a gift from the owner of the cafe, it was a mini Pinocchio key chain. I also bought some souvenirs from the Pisa.

I was staying an overnight in Prato. The next day I went to Florence. Florence is the home of Michelangelo and I went for the city view. From Piazzale Michelangelo, to the Santa Maria Cathedral to see the Giotto's bell tower, the Gates of Paradise and the open-air and gallery of Signoria Square.

In the Signoria Square, I could see there were many beautiful paintings and some students also did their paintings on the ground. After finished their work, they would clean up the place and left. Honestly, their paintings are great. I have met a Japanese male student there and he could paint very well. Besides, I also saw many art works there.

Well, that is all for my Pisa and Florence travel tales. I would tell you more in my next chapter for another city of Italy. Ciao! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment