Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Good-Bye, My Cousin Bro!

7/8/2010, I received a sad news from my elder sister via phone that my cousin brother had passed away in the morning at the hospital of Guangzhou, China. He was diagnosed with the lung cancer (stage 4) in last October, and he went to the China for treatment, but failed.

After I heard of such sad news, I recalled my memories about this cousin brother. He was my favourite cousin brother among all my cousins. My cousin brother was 10 years older than I am and he treated everyone good. He was a very good person and my parents also liked him very much.

When I was young, about age 4 or 5, he used to take me for a motorcycle ride to round the housing areas to make me happy. Moreover, he also taught me to do my holiday home works. This cousin brother treated me very good, thus I like to hang around with him since young.

We had developed a very close relationship since we were young, therefore I treated him as my own brother. When we grew up, we still kept in touch with each other always. When I was admitted in the hospital, he sure would come to visit me. If he could not make it, he would give me a call to check on my condition. He always told me to stay healthy and be strong and never stress myself on work. He also always came to visit my mother and I after my father had passed away.

When I found out that my cousin brother had diagnosed with cancer in last year, I was very sad as I wondered why he would have such sickness for a good person. However, my cousin brother was so strong with his willpower, he did the chemo and became better. He had fought for 9 months since he diagnosed with his illness. When he went to China for his treatment in last month, I was thinking that he could make it and would come back in full recovery. But he did not.

My cousin brother had married and had 3 sons. I am wishing his family to stay strong and healthy always. Lastly, I would like to tell my cousin brother, Yin, to rest in peace and we will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment