Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pudu Jail - A History Now

21/06/2010, 10pm, 394m of Pudu Jail wall was started to demolish. The wall which has once set for the longest mural in the world. This is more than a century of history landmark in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was built in year 1895.

Many people had witnessed the demolision of the history landmark. Some people even took the pieces of rubble as souvenirs, some also grabbed the opportunity to take photo and video as memories.

Although the government not considered it as the heritage site as "it was not something to proud of". For me, it is a heritage site for Kuala Lumpur as there are not many history landmarks are left in this town. I wonder why is the Government did not consider to move the Pudu Jail wall to other place and turns it into a tourism place, so that it can make some profits and also be able to keep the history landmark. Of course, this is just my own suggestion. No matter how, the Pudu Jail is a history now, and it is sad to see it was demolished.

No comments:

Post a Comment