Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Japan Trip - Bullet Train (Shinkansen) Ride Experience




Bullet train also known as Shinkansen (新干线), is a network of high-speed railway lines in Japan. The speed is about 581km/hour.
I took my first bullet train ride was back in year 2008 while I travelling in Japan. I was very excited for my ride as I used to hear how the speed of bullet train is. I took the bullet train ride from the Shizuoka Station to Mishima Station in Tokyo. The ride was about 30 minutes if I'm not mistaken.
While I was waiting for the train, I saw there are souvenir stores which selling small souvenirs and bento (lunchboxes). I also saw the bullet train passed the station, wow, the speed was fast and very loud sound. When the train arrived, we hopped in the couch, it was very spacious and clean. I started my bullet train rider journey then. I saw the outside views, I could see the Mt. Fuji, and I could feel the speed as it was fast. There was a staff pushing the trolley to sell some drinks, snacks and newspapers in the train. I guess the passengers could buy their breakfast during their ride to work.
Although it was a short journey from the Shizuoka Station to Mishima Station for the bullet train ride, I enjoyed it very much as I have experienced it in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment