Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

Last Sunday (20/06/2010) was Father's Day. It is the day of celebration for all the fathers with their families. I did not celebrate Father's Day since year 2005 until now, due to my father had passed away in 14/9/2004. The last Father's Day celebration for me was in year 2004.

The cause of death of my father is ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome). He was admitted in the hospital due to dengue fever, had been warded 7 days in the normal ward and then been trasferred to the ICU for another 2 weeks. Since then he never returned home. After he has been transferred to the ICU, he became very weak and needed to put on the ventilator to keep him breathing as his lungs had been 'damaged' by the virus. According to the doctor, there was 1 in 100 to have such case that from dengue and led to serious sickness and caused to death.

I'm the youngest child in my family and my father loved me very much and treated my whole family well. I remember he used to take us for a vacation during the school holidays when i was y0ung. My father liked to eat all the delicious food, if he had known if there is any delicious out there, he sure would take our whole family to go to the place to have a taste, regardless travelling to the outstations. All of us were enjoying at that time. Maybe due to this reason, I become very picky on the food! :P

Anyway, I'm still remember the time that I spent with my father although he is not with us now. May every members of my family and including myself to have good health and happy always!

To all the children out there, if your father is still with you, please love and treat him well as you never know when he would leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment