Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chinese New Year is Coming!!!



"Dong Dong Chan! Dong Dong Chan! Gong Xi Gong Xi Ni Ya Gong Xi Ni!!!"
 
When we hear the lyrics above of the Chinese New Year song and also see the mandarin oranges either in mini sizes and/or in boxes selling at the supermarkets and/or roadside, we know that the Chinese New Year is coming soon!
 
Yes, the Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year is coming in less than a month. It is fall on the 10/2/2013. This year, it is the year of Snake. All the Chinese are busy cleaning the houses and do the preparations to celebrate the Chinese New Year lately. New clothes, new electrical appliances, cookies, etc.. Overall, busy for the shopping spree.
 
The kids will be the happiest during the Chinese New Year, as they could have receive Ang Pows from the elders, wearing new clothes, eat and drink as much as they like. Some adults also will put on weight during the CNY due to they stay at home to rest and eat and drink much more than their usual days! Haha! For me, I will not put on weight as I did not eat much. :P
 
Some people are going to holidays during the CNY due to this is the only time they can have long holidays and spend time with their family. In a few years back, I was went to overseas for travelling with my mother during the CNY. But I would not do so for this time as I would take some rest.
 
Anyway, I would like to wish you all to have a Happy & Prosperous Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment