Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Please Improve the Service!!!

On Monday, I went to a local bank, CXXX Bank to open a new current account due to I received call from its HQ staff that I have been selected as a special customer with the special offers and the benefits for opening the new current account. So I was interested for it and headed to the branch which was nearby my house to open the account.

I went to the bank together with my mother and I reached the bank at 9:40am. So I went to meet Mr. S (as informed by the HQ staff that he is the person to contact for the new account opening) and I found out that he is the branch manager of the bank. So I told him my reason and he explained to me for the new account again and then let me sign some application forms and he took my IC along for the verification. After that, he had given me a Q number and told me to wait for my turn and offered me to sit at the waiting area. So I did as per request.

I was waited and waited, and guess what?! I have been waited for more than an hour then only was my turn. My mother had gone to 2 other banks to do some banking matters while I was waiting at this CXXX Bank. She came back to me and I was still waiting for my turn. The branch manager saw me and told me to wait for awhile and he had told me twice for it.

I noticed that there was only one staff who was handling this current account opening and he had spent about an hour for a customer. This staff was a middle-aged Malay male staff and I saw there was a Malay lady staff was sitting behind him and she was doing nothing but just looking at her monitor. I was wondering why didn’t she helping her colleague and since there were other customers were waiting to open such current account?! Moreover, I also noticed that this middle-aged Malay male staff was walking into the office few times when he was handling the customer.

Frankly speaking I was started to feel angry and felt impatient for it too. The branch manager saw me and told me that my turn would be soon. So, I was waited again until 11:05am, the Malay male staff called my name after he finally finished handled the customers (a couple) that he had served in an hour. He was then started to process the case for me. Actually there should be a customer in front of me according to the Q no. when that customer approached him to check, he told her to wait for awhile as he would call her later. I did not say anything at that time as I think I was not cut queue as it was the bank staff to call and serve me. In fact, I was also quite mad at that time as I had been waited for an hour plus.

So, the male staff given me some more documents to sign and explained to me about the current account again. I finally understood why he had taken so long, the computer system was so slowed as I saw him keyed-in the information twice and there was a long pause for the respond. Then finally the staff told me that the computer system was having some problems and could not provide me the new ATM card on the spot and request me to come back for the card collection on the next day. Oh my gosh, I was thinking that what kind of computer system is the bank having and what kind of service is provided?! So no choice I have to go back home without my new ATM card and to go back for the collection in few days later. I left the bank at 11:40am (2 hours at the bank) then and I started to wonder if I did it right to open a new account from such bank?!  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment