Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

RIP, Mr. Karpal Singh!!!

Nicknamed the ''Tiger of Jelutong'' for his fiery speeches, DAP national chairman Karpal Singh is one Malaysia’s most prominent opposition leaders. -- FILE PHOTO: THE STAR

There is a shock news received in this morning after I woke up. The Malaysian opposition DAP leader, Mr. Karpal Singh has passed away in the car accident early in the morning of Thursday, with the age of 74. He was died on the spot. He is a Malaysian member of Parliament for Bukit Gelugor and veteran Democratic Action Party (DAP) leader.
 
The prominent lawyer and his assistant C. Michael died on the scene. Mr Karpal's son Ramkarpal and the car's driver C. Selvam were injured in the incident, which took place at 1am.
 
Karpal is a controversial figure, and has been labelled along with fellow DAP politician Lim Kit Siang as a racial provocateur. He has been dubbed the "Tiger of Jelutong" by admirers having served as Jelutong MP for five terms. Karpal attributes the nickname to a confrontation with former Malaysian Indian Congress President Samy Vellu, when he told Samy, "he could be the lion, and I could be the tiger, because there are no lions in Malaysia!"
 
Anyway, wish Mr. Karpal Singh would be rest in peace! You will be missed by many people!!! RIP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment