Welcome to my blog! I have been blogging for years, and I find it is fun. However, please forgive me if there is anything which has been offended you. Anyway, I wish you will like my blog and keep following it! Cheers!

Friday, June 5, 2015

OMG! Earthquake in Sabah, Malaysia!

After I got up from the bed in this morning, I checked my FB and  I saw one of my ex-colleagues who is from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, posted a message that she was experiencing earthquake in the early morning before she went to work. 

I was shocked to see her posting. Then i was checking the news online and OMG! Malaysia was having the earthquake at Sabah's west coast with magnitute 5.9 hit near Ranau district. It is a town near the capital city of Sabah, Kota Kinabalu with about 54km away. It was happened at 7:15am. 

Gosh, i was shocked with the news as I have never imagined that earthquake would be happening in my country. Luckily my ex-colleague is alright and did not hurt, I hope. Anyway, according to the news reported, the tremors shook buildings and rattled windows prompting people to run out from their houses, shops, and even at the Kota Kinabalu International Airport terminal.  

There are about 190 people/climbers trapped on the Mt. Kinabalu after the earthquake. I wish all those people would be safe and would get rescue at soonest possible. 

Another bad case is that after the earthquake, the iconic Donkey's Ear Peak at Mt. Kinabalu has been destroyed. The twin peak landmark resembling a pair of donkey's ears has been badly damaged, with the top of one of the peaks falling off in the tremors.

Lastly, I prayed for the people in Sabah are all safe and wish that there would not be second wave of quake again. May God bless all of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment